Broker Check



  • W-2 wage & tax statements
  • Self-Employment Income
  • Social Security statements
  • Alimony received, or child support received (Needed, date of divorce)
  • Quarterly payments and the date paid
  • Any income received, even if tax exempt or other household income and/or gifts.
  • 1099-B (Sale of securities) – purchase dates, costs and selling price with date/price.
  • 1099-INT (Interest)
  • 1099-DIV (Dividends)
  • 1099-C (Cancellation of debt)
  • 1099-G (Income from tax refunds, unemployment, & lottery winning)
  • 1099-Misc- (NEC) (Rent, royalties & self-employed contractors, & etc.)
  • 1099-R (Pension, retirement & annuity)
  • 1099-S (Sale of real estate)
  • 1099-K (Payment card and third-party network transactions)


  • Form 1095-A (Health Insurance Marketplace Statement)


  • Alimony paid – (Needed, date of divorce)
  • Expenses for job related moves
  • Charitable contributions (must have receipts & documentation)
  • Child & dependent care expenses (caregivers name, address, ID number, and amount paid
  • Gambling losses (only if there is gambling income)
  • Home heating costs for residence
  • IRA, Keogh, SEP contributions
  • Losses from theft or casualty (must exceed 10% of income minus insurance reimbursement)
  • Medical, Dental, & Vision expenses
  • Health insurance premiums paid.
  • 1098 - Mortgage interest paid, land contract interest or home equity loans.
  • Real estate taxes paid & billed. Also, taxable value (important to bring copy of property tax bill) – or receipt for both summer and winter taxes.  Taxable value of home.
  • Solar, wind, or geothermal energy improvementsQualifying properties are solar electric property, solar water heaters, geothermal heat pumps, small wind turbines and fuel cell property.
  • Energy efficient improvements (furnace, windows, doors, insulation, etc.)
  • Land contract interest paid (name, address & ID number, who paid to)
  • State or city taxes paid.
  • 1098-E (Student loan interest paid)
  • 1098-T (Tuition, number of years attended, fee expenses from qualified colleges)
  • License plate & tab fees
  • Rental property information (expenses, complete addresses, and zip codes.)


  • Copy of last year’s tax return if we did not prepare it.
  • Records of cost of any property sold (such as stocks, funds, bonds, etc.)
  • Social Security card, birth-date, and proof of residency of all dependents (if not already on file)

*This is meant to be used as a guide. You may or may not need all items listed. Additional items may be required.